Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 31 - Reflection

A reflection of the past 30 days!

But before that, I must tell you what I had for Breakfast! See, what you do for a continuous 30 days becomes a HABIT. Being the weekend, I prepared French Toast for the family!


 French Toast...with Honey!
 

After Breakfast, I had an appointment near the Zoo, not the Zoo but near! It was in Taman Permata

Lunch was the VVP with Biosoy. In the evening, I cooked curry chicken with the A1 curry paste ( I know...Cheating!) And was too lazy to cook rice...so went to the freezer for the frozen Chapati. So easy, just throw in a preheated pan and in 2 minutes its ready! Presenting...My Chapati dish...


  Chapati with Curry Chicken


REFLECTION:- 
 
My initial goal on the 1st of July was to go through a 10 Day Detox. I had chosen the easiest way because I travel and have numerous appointments in Cafe's , Kopitiams and Restaurants. Not at all an ideal platform for a Diet plan! My Goal therefore was:-

    a) to Replace One (1) Meal a Day with the Viva's Vibrant Pack   (VVP), and it was flexible. I could choose either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

   b) have some sort of an exercise plan going. I chose swimming.

   c) have home healthy homecooked meals as much as practicable.

That was it! Oh....and have fun doing it! I have a wonderful partnership going on with Lynn. She cooks...I eat! Ha ha ha. I'm a lucky guy!  ;-)

To overcome the monotony of taking the VVP Shake everyday, I experimented with various combinations. The base was One (1) scoop each of Green Barley, Fiber Cleanse & Viva plus in 400ml of water. (sometimes I add ice!). Later, I found that Two (2) scoops of the Viva plus was much better in terms of taste as well as effectiveness in keeping the hunger pangs away! Sometimes, I do feel hungry before my scheduled next meal. This is easily solved with a big glass of water or a fruit. After 30 days, this is the short summary:-

Did I manage to replace a meal everyday without fail? Errr......No. Did I manage to exercise everyday? Errrr....No. Did I manage to eat home cooked meals everyday? Errrr...No. Ai yo, fail on all account la! ;-(

But my Belt Buckle went 3 notch tighter! The weighing scale showed 12lbs lighter!

So, 

   Did I lose weight? YES. 
   Did I lose inches? YES
   Did I gain energy? YES
   Did I have Fun? YES
   Do I feel more Vibrant? YES
   Am I Sexier? Ask Lynn...;-)


I must say that I have expected the first 10 days to be tough. The blogging helped as I feel I'm being watched! So, the temptation to cheat or quit is much, much reduced! 

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, what started as a 10 Day Diet Challenge, became a 30 Day romance with food! I became more appreciative of simple food and I enjoyed my meals a lot more than before. Yes, it is a Romance!  

Lynn & I have decided to continue what we have been doing, but not as intensive or strict as before! Do the 10 Day Challenge Today!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment